Harrison & Hardie Ltd registered in England and Wales with company number 03889306 and whose registered office address is at High Street, Bourton on the Water, Glos GL54 2AN – The Data Controller
At Harrison & Hardie Ltd we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force from time to time.
We will occasionally update this Policy so please do return and review this Policy from time to time. This policy was last updated on 23rd May 2018.
What information do we collect about you?
1. Use of Your Information – Legitimate interest
We use the information that you give to us in the following way:
When you Register with us looking for a property to Purchase or Rent and when you register to receive general information from us, we will collect information from you to enable us to keep you updated on suitable properties and services as and when they become available. This will include your name, address, telephone numbers and email address as without them we are unable to provide you with a service. We don’t share your information with anyone without your specific consent, unless there is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
When you are Selling or Letting a property through us we will collect information from you to enable us to keep you updated. This will include your name, address, telephone numbers and email address. We don’t share your information with anyone without your specific consent, unless there is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
When you subscribe to the Cotswold Homes email newsletter (on Cotswold-Homes.com, harrisonjameshardie.co.uk, Cotswold-homes.online), we will ask for your name and email address. We then retain your name and email address securely and we use this information so we can keep in touch with you about products, services and industry information we think would be of interest to you. Your information is retained until you confirm you wish to unsubscribe.
When you enter a competition on Cotswold-Homes.com and tick the opt-in box to sign up to the Cotswold Homes email newsletter, we will ask for your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. We then retain contact details securely and we use this information so we can keep in touch with you about products, services and industry information we think would be of interest to you. We also use this information to contact you by telephone, post or email to let you know you have won a competition. Your information is retained until you confirm you wish to unsubscribe.
2. Third party suppliers
Throughout the course of the service that we provide may need to use the services of third party suppliers. We will not pass your information to anyone without your specific consent
The information we collect on Cotswold-Homes.com, harrisonjameshardie.co.uk and Cotswold-Homes.online is for our own use in developing our websites. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the content on the sites is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the sites.
- To provide you with information relating to our websites, products or our services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our websites.
- To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our websites, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our websites.
- For our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation to improve our websites.
- To administer these websites
We only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we hold that information under the laws and regulations on data protection in force from time to time.
In running and operating our websites we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of these sites. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- Information you provide to enter a competition or promotion via this site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with these sites
- Details of visits to our websites and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use these websites. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- Information that visitors provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our websites, such as when a visitor registers for information or enters a competition. Information you provide to us through sending us a message through our websites and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence.
4. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist us in developing or website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. You can easily decline or remove cookies from your computer using the settings within the Internet Options section in your computer control panel.
Storing Your Personal Data
Client data held shall only include name and email address.
If you would like further information on the above, please feel free to contact us.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who are specifically relevant to the transaction we are involved in and with your specific consent at the time.
Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our websites. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
All of our telephone calls are recorded for training, monitoring, marketing and consent purposes.
Your Rights – Access to Your Personal Data
You have the right to ensure that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“Subject Access Right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. Any subject access request must be made in writing to The Data Controller, Harrison & Hardie Ltd, High Street, Bourton on the Water, Glos GL54 2AN. We will provide your personal data to you within the statutory timeframes. To enable us to trace any of your personal data that we may be holding, we may need to request further information from you. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
If you no longer wish to receive information relating to Harrison James & Hardie Fine & Country North Cotswolds, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to unsubscribe to the Cotswold Homes email newsletter, please email email@example.com